|Centuries ago, the present "Meer & Bosch" was an extensive area of forest and lakes, hence the name. Excavations have revealed that the tribe MenapiŽrs (1500-400 b.c.) had one of their settlements located here, probably attracted by large quantities of fish in the lakes.
In the year 1600 a.d. one Adriaansz Van der Voort, member of the city council and farmer, bought the property and by the end of the 17th. century, a farm named "Wijndaelerswoning" was established. In 1701 a stately country house with an attached coach house, as well as a separate bricked coach house was erected. The entire property became known as "Meer & Bosch".